Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November Harvest Pasta

ingredients

pasta dish
It's harvest time and I've been craving something warm, comforting, and hearty. This recipe is an original. One of my favorite things is to combine a whole bunch of my favorite fresh ingredients with pasta, in this case tortellini. An easy solution to a busy weeknight.

Ingredients

2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken (store bought)
• 3 cups of fresh spinach
• 1 20 oz box of fresh tortellini
• 3/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
• 1 whole roasted garlic
• 1/2 cup of pre made basil pesto
• 1/2 cup of pre made Alfredo sauce
• 3/4 cup of julienned sun-dried tomatoes
• salt & fresh pepper to taste

Directions

Debone your chicken and set aside 2 cups. Meanwhile in a medium pot boil water to cook your tortellini, cook until al dente. Drain and place in serving bowl. Immediately toss in spinach to hot pasta so the spinach cooks a little. Mix in your pesto, alfredo sauce, roasted garlic cloves, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, and toasted pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper. Serves 3 to 4 generously.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Holy Crow, Girl! You do it all!
    This looks so amazing! I am totally trying this recipe!
    I'm drooling already................:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another yummy one :) what a great mix of delicious ingredients together - this is on my list to make for sure!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks sooooo delish!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....this looks del.ic.ious! I have to try this one day. BTW....great blog!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word this looks delicious! Question! Where do you get your alfredo? I've had some bad experiences with some I bought from the store... :( Adding this to my list of dishes for next week! :-)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah,
    I usually make my own. But on busy nights I use store bought Buitoni Alfredo and Pesto. I LOVE them both they have great flavor.
    Thanks for the sweet comment!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was amazing, Laura! I made it for dinner tonight. It did not taste like something I had made, but something you would get from a restaurant. And the best thing was, both my kids loved it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omgosh I just made this and WE LOVED IT!!! I did the roasted garlic too and my mouth is watering just talking about it! I can't wait to share this w/my readers! :-) My hubby and baby boy were scraping their bowls!!! Looking forward to the next recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this looks sooooooooooooooooo yum! Where did you learn to cook? Mom? TV?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay I am so glad you all liked the recipe! Your sweet comments make me all warm and fuzzy! Thank you :)

    Of course some of my fondest memories of my childhood are in the kitchen with my mom. Yes, you can say she taught me how to cook. I have always loved food and love making up my own recipes. It's like a hobby.

    Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried this tonight, Laura and enjoyed it! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, you made me really hungry with this blog! :D
    What exactly is Alfredo sauce? I'm not sure that is something you can buy here in Sweden, would you share a recipe? You could email me (address in the side bar of my blog) or I can check in here again. Thanks! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the 2nd time in two weeks that my hubby has requested your pasta dish :) Thank you for such an easy go-to recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found a recipe for Alfredo sauce and made my own (as well as my own chicken and pesto) and finally tried this pasta dish. It was really delicious and we had far too much to eat! Any extra pounds I will blame on you! ;D
    Thanks so much for this great recipe, I will definitely make this again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made this November Harvest Pasta today (in January) and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO delicious! Thanks Laura. Oh, must not forget to say my DS asked for seconds! That never happnes! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow does this look amazing! I'm going to have to give this a try, very soon. Good thing I am writing my menu for the next week today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!