It's harvest time and I've been craving something warm, comforting, and hearty. This recipe is an original. One of my favorite things is to combine a whole bunch of my favorite fresh ingredients with pasta, in this case tortellini. An easy solution to a busy weeknight.
• 2 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken (store bought)
• 3 cups of fresh spinach
• 1 20 oz box of fresh tortellini
• 3/4 cup of toasted pine nuts
• 1 whole roasted garlic
• 1/2 cup of pre made basil pesto
• 1/2 cup of pre made Alfredo sauce
• 3/4 cup of julienned sun-dried tomatoes
• salt & fresh pepper to taste
Debone your chicken and set aside 2 cups. Meanwhile in a medium pot boil water to cook your tortellini, cook until al dente. Drain and place in serving bowl. Immediately toss in spinach to hot pasta so the spinach cooks a little. Mix in your pesto, alfredo sauce, roasted garlic cloves, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, and toasted pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper. Serves 3 to 4 generously.