Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cobb Salad

cobb salad

I have a huge problem with salads, it's called an odd over compulsive craving for them, all the time! I just can't get enough! They are hugely satisfying, fresh, crunchy, creamy, and bursting with flavor. Oh and all the possibilities!! Here is one of my favorites, my version of the classic Cobb Salad.


Ingredients

1 lb. of Boars Head honey turkey, lunch meat
1/2 lb. swiss cheese, sliced
1/2 lb. sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 of one package of turkey bacon
10 cherry tomatoes
2 ripe avocados
4 hard boiled eggs
1 bag of fresh romaine lettuce
Blue Cheese dressing



Directions

1st boil your eggs for about 10 minutes until they are cook through, rinse with cold water and set aside to cool. Once cool slice your hard boiled eggs. Slice your lunch meat and both cheeses into thin strips. Cook your turkey bacon according to directions on package and chop. Slice your cherry tomatoes into quarters. Slice your ripe avocados then cut into chunks. Assemble with fresh romaine and top with blue cheese dressing.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. You read my mind!! I have the SAME problem! I had huge variations of cobb salad 4 nights in a row last week! My problem is that I love my rich creamy fattening ranch dressing! :)(And don't forget the crackders and croutons!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I came across your food blog from 2sketches4you and your personal cards blog. I just wanted to let you know that I'm absolutely loving your food blog! I love seeing your pictures and recipes. I'm getting a lot of great ideas for the kitchen! I'm learning to love to cook more and more especially now that my boyfriend and I are living together. Its sometimes daunting coming up with things to cook and having a variety. Thanks for having this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I am soooo hungry now! LOL :) Definitely going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this looks amazing. Wish I was home to make it right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful lunch this would be! Oh I wish I could hire you! Like Oprah's personal chef...you would be my personal chef! ;) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beneficial things. Youngsters beloved it. Produced one or two
    tweeks as did not have mushrooms and second hand parmesan in its
    place. sooooo yummy. Quite easy. Cheers for this.


    My webpage :: http://sahelweb.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!