Thursday, August 25, 2011

Greek Salad

Greek Salad

I
LOVE salads and I LOVE noodles, so the perfect match for me is Noodles & Company. Noodles makes a great greek salad called the Med Salad. I dream about this dish, so I had to recreate it at home. The best part about this salad is the dressing, I love the kick it has. Thanks Noodles & Company for the inspiration.



Ingredients

1 cup of cavatappi pasta (my favorite pasta)
1 cucumber, chopped with skin
5 cups of romain and spring mix lettuce
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1 cup of kalamata olives
1/2 of red onion, finely sliced
1 cup of feta cheese
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, pounded slightly
1 cup of pre-made balsamic vinaigrette


Dressing
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 of a fresh lemon, squeezed
1 to 2 tsp. Srirach (red chili sauce)
1/2 cup of crumbled feta
1 clove of garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste




Directions

First place your chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag and pound them slightly, with a meat tenderizer. Add your cup of purchased balsamic vinaigrette to your chicken. Seal the ziplock and place in the referigerator to marinade for at least 2 hours. When chicken is done marinading, grill until your chicken is completely cooked, set aside to cool.

Second boil water to cook your cavatapi pasta. Cook the pasta until it is al dente, you want your pasta to be chewy. When the pasta is done cooking, drain and set aside to cool.


While your chicken and pasta are cooling, Make your salad dressing by, mixing your yogurt, lemon juice, and minced garlic. In a fine stream slowly pour in your olive oil while constantly whisking. Next whisk in your sriracha sauce. Fold your crumbled feta into the dressing. Season the dressing with salt and paper.

Next seed and chop your tomato and cucumber, dice your red onion. Wash your lettuce and chop.
Assemble your salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, olives, and noodles. Top with your grilled chicken, feta, and your homemade dressing!

Enjoy!
Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. This salad looks delish!! Will definitely have to try it! Always looking for a good entree salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to try that recipe!!! Looks so yummy!!! I totally forgot you had a food blog---not sure why I wasn't a follower before, but I am now!!! Can't wait to sit down and take a closer look at your previous posts and catch up on all of this goodness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seldom drop remarks, however after browsing through a ton of remarks on "Greek Salad".
    I do have 2 questions for you if you do not mind. Is it only me or does it
    seem like some of these remarks come across like they are coming from brain
    dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting on additional places, I would like to follow anything fresh you have to post.
    Would you make a list of every one of your social
    pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?


    my blog: furniturespot.co.za

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!