Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fresh Basil Gnocchi

goniccipesto

This dish is rich, elegant and very comforting. A little Basil Gnocchi goes a long way. I like to serve it when the weather is a little cold and you can cozy up to a roaring fire with a small bowl of this decadent dish and a glass of red wine. Yum!



Ingredients

1 package of gnocchi
1/2 cup of chicken stock
1 cup of heavy cream
3 cups of freshly grated parmesan
6 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 Tbs of basil pesto
Fresh basil, julienned
Salt and pepper to taste



Directions

In a medium saucepan bring your chicken stock to a slight simmer. Add your chopped garlic, cream, pesto, and salt and pepper. Bring this mixture to a slight boil over medium high heat. Add your cheese one cup at a time stir until all the cheese is melted. Let this mixture cook until it becomes slightly thicker, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile cook your gnocchi according to package. When your gnocchi is finished cooking spoon sauce over your pasta and top with extra parmesan and fresh basil.

Enjoy!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is right up my alley! I'm making this one tomorrow :) Thanks for always being there for my bi-weekly meal planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was soooooooooo yummy! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look yummy. I love anything with basil. I'd have to add a little dash of cayenne too though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to say that I acquire in fact loved account your blog posts.
    Any way I will be subscribing in your augment and even I fulfillment
    you get right of entry to constantly fast.

    Feel free to visit my web site; post_22416685

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!