Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Mango Salsa

shrimp tacos

Fresh Mex, is defiantly one of my favorites! Here is my twist on the Shrimp Taco. I love the sweet and spicy of this dish, perfect for a warm Spring evening with a cold beer!


Ingredients

1 pound of raw, shelled shrimp
3 Tbsp taco seasoning powder
1 cup of sour cream
2 ripe avocados
1 cup of diced ripe mango
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper
2 limes, juiced
9 corn tortillas, taco size


Directions

Defrost and rince your shrimp, pat them dry add 2 Tbsp of your taco seasonings. Mix well. In a non stick skillet cook your shrimp until pink. About 4 to 5 minutes, set aside. Cut your avocado's, and mango into cubes. Also mince your red onion and jalapeno pepper. In a bowl combine your avocado, mango, jalapeno, onion and lime juice, mix gently. In another bowl mix 1 cup of sour cream with 1 Tbsp of taco seasoning, for a creamy taco sauce. Place your corn tortillas on a cookie sheet and bake at 500˙just until they are warm. Assemble your shrimp tacos.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. This looks soooo yummy!!! Thanks Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing ... my husband and I had seafood tacos on one of our very first dates ... I'll have to give it a try making them at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great weblog here! Also your web site quite a bit up fast!

    What host are you the use of? Can I am getting your affiliate
    link for your host? I wish my website loaded up as fast as yours lol
    Feel free to visit my weblog ; Support Marcus MCA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!