Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Calzones

calzone

I wish I could say I slaved and slaved over homemade bread to make these delicious calzones, but I took a shortcut and they are just as yummy. I used Rhodes frozen dough, their bread is outstanding. I always keep it stocked in my freezer. For a busy mom this is the perfect family pleaser recipe.


Ingredients

2 loaves Rhodes Italian Dough
1 lb. spicy chicken sausage
2 cups of mozzarella
1 cup of parmesan
2 cups of fresh spinach
1 egg, beaten


Directions

Place two frozen loaves in a large glass bowl, sprayed with with Pam and covered with saran wrap. Let the bread thaw and rise for at least 3 hours. Crumble your chicken sausage, and grate your cheeses. Place a small amount of flour on your work surface. Roll out your dough and cut into fours. Two loaves of dough should be enough for 3 to 4 calzones. Pile your meat, cheeses and spinach onto your individual slabs of dough. fold over and pinch the ends. Brush the tops of your calzones with the egg wash. bake at 375˙ until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Thank you for your feedback!