Friday, November 20, 2009

Turkey Taco Salad

tacosalad
I love this easy dinner! We can't be "gourmet" chefs every night. It seems every time I make this taco salad I change it up a bit. Sometimes I add a spicy chipotle ranch dressing, or instead of avocado slices I make guacamole, or I grill chicken instead of ground turkey. The possibilities are endless. Here is the recipe of how I made it in the photo.

Ingredients

1 lb. lean ground turkey
1 packet of taco seasoning ( I like spicy)
1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
1 1/2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
2 avocados, cubed
6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 small can of low sodium black beans, drained
1 cup of cooked one day old corn (one day old, makes for chewy, yummy corn)
1 bag of white corn chips

Directions

Crumble your turkey over med/high heat in a skillet until cooked throughly. Add taco seasoning, mix well. Wash and chop lettuce. Grate cheese, quarter tomatoes, cube avocados, and rinse beans. Assemble your salad.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is PERFECT for Thanksgiving week! Not too light, not to heavy, just right! I'm going to try it with grilled chicken tomorrow. I'll blog it on Tuesday and let you know how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The taco salad turned out great! It's so versatile because I can eat a salad and hubby can have his tacos! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked the recipe Ashley! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!