Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cranberry Tart

tart

cranberries

batter

This tart recipe is definitely a crowd pleaser. It can be served as a dessert or for breakfast, it's warm, colorful and oh so yummy! Perfect for holiday gatherings.



Ingredients

1 cup of pecans, chopped
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, plus more to butter pie plate
3/4 cup of granulated sugar, plus more to sprinkle on top
2 large eggs
1 Tbs. vanilla
1 cup of flour
2 cups of fresh cranberries
Vanilla ice cream



Directions

Heat oven to 325˙Spread nuts onto a cookie sheet and bake until fragrant. Set aside. Butter a pie plate generously. In a electric mixer whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and flour. (batter will be thick) Stir in cranberries and 3/4 cups of p chopped pecans.

Scoop batter into pie plate. Sprinkle the top with the remaining pecans and sugar. Bake until golden brown and crusty on top. 30 to 40 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous Laura! Tell me you don't eat all these things you make and still stay so thin!!!!! I east Lean Cuisine all week to keep my figure. I'd gain weight just smelling the aroma in your kitchen! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tart desserts, and I love cranberries so this will be perfect for entertaining this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laura!!!
    I love this recipie:)))
    My food blog is in process... will publish soon:)
    It is veggie:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!