Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Blackberries & Brie

brie

This is one of my daughters favorite appetizers, she gets all excited when I make this. The warm Brie and sweet preserves makes a perfect contrasting combo. Served warm or cold this cheese is mild and pleasing. Perfect for your holiday parties.

Ingredients

1 large round of Aloutte Brie Cheese
3 Tbs. of Blackberry jam
Fresh blackberries
Crackers

Directions

Carefully slice the top rind off your round of cheese, without wasting to much cheese. Although the rind itself is edible, I do this so the cheese can ooze and bubble up and melt together with the jam. Place round in the center of a pie plate. Dollop 3 tablespoons of blackberry jam in the center of your cheese round. sprinkle fresh blackberries on the top.
Bake at 400˙until cheese is bubbly and brown on top. Serve with crackers.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Laura...I'd be 300+ pounds if I made these recipes!!!!! :) I LOVE brie! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! That looks amazing, Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making this for my potluck brunch Friday Dec 11th.Thanks ,Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! My mouth is watering! YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!