Monday, December 14, 2009

Bird Nest Pasta & Chicken

birdnestpasta&chicken2

birdnestpasta2

I see a trend here in my recipes... lots of pasta! I can't help myself, It's my best. Pasta just isn't pasta to me and this brand of pasta might be one of my favorites, Colavita. For this dish I used Colavita's Fettuccine Nests they are smooth and chewy making this brand absolutely divine. A perfect compliment to any dish. This recipe is elegant, rich and full of flavor, but also very easy to make.


Ingredients

3/4lb. chicken breasts, pounded and sliced thin
1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup of butter, (4 Tlbs.)
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of white wine
1 cup of light sour cream
1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms
8 oz. Colavita fettuccine nests
1/2 tsp. paprika
3 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped
1/2 of a shallot, chopped


Directions

Pound your chicken breasts very thin, then slice them on an angle. In a plastic bag toss chicken with flour, salt and pepper. Cook your pasta just till al dente. Drain and set aside. Melt butter in a non stick skillet, add chopped garlic and shallot. Let simmer on med/ high until the shallot is translucent. Add chicken to skillet and brown on both sides. Mix in sour cream, chicken broth and wine. Add paprika and mushrooms. Cover and simmer on med/ low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve chicken over cooked pasta.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Thank you for your feedback!