Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chicken Soft Tacos

chickentacos

Here is a quick and yummy dinner for those busy weeknights that your family will love. Fresh and healthy Tex-Mex is very popular, and this recipe can be added to with other ingredient possibilities that suits your family.



Ingredients

3 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
Taco sauce, liquid
Iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 red tomato, chopped
2 ripe avocados, cut into chunks
Low fat sour cream
Corn tortillas


Directions

Debone your rotisserie chicken, then shred. In a bowl toss your chicken with the taco sauce. I use hot Ortega Taco Sauce, and I use the whole bottle. Set your chicken aside and prepare your other ingredients. Chop your lettuce, grate your cheese, chop your tomato, and avocados. In a non stick pan on medium high heat. Heat up your corn tortillas, flipping both sides. Place your corn tortillas in the microwave to keep them warm. Then add your chicken to the pan and cook just to heat up the chicken. Assemble your tacos and serve.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. yum! Is on my list to make sometime soon. I have my menu picked for this week- went to the store today. Your pictures are always beautiful. I enjoy visiting both your craft and recipe blog. I wish my food/ craft pictures turned out nearly as beautiful as yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks yummy and simple! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!