Saturday, January 3, 2015

Delicious & Vegan

The Delicious food blog has gone Vegan! I haven't posted on my food blog in awhile because I have been transiting to Veganism and exploring a new lifestyle of eating a high carb, low fat, low sodium vegan diet.

The transition was easy for me, I simply removed myself from the equation, and thought about the animals, and the environment first. I then took a long look at the health benefits. My health is so valuable, because I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis.

 I had not been eating pork or beef for upwards of 15 years. I was consuming poultry, fish, eggs, and dairy and finding that no matter what I did my weight always fluctuated, and this was frustrating. I thought I was eating healthy. I was watching my calories, and working out like a crazy lady, but I wasn't seeing the results I wanted.

One day after lots of research I dedicated myself to eating Vegan for the rest of my life, it was as simple as that, I have been completely Vegan now for two months and no longer counting my calories. I do know that I am consuming upwards of 2300 to 2500. I have never felt better, I'm energized and full of life. I absolutely love being Vegan. Stay tuned for Delicious Vegan recipes!




  1. Veganism /ˈviːɡənɪzəm/ is the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products, particularly in diet, as well as following an associated philosophy that rejects the commodity status of sentient animals. A follower of veganismis known as a vegan.

8 comments:

  1. I'm delighted to hear it Laura! I'm convinced that veganism with a strong focus on raw is the way to true health. Although I was only vegan for 6 years, I still long for those days when my skin glowed, my hair was healthy and shiny and I never felt better. I've been making small roads back towards a dairy-free lifestyle and I can't wait to check out some of your recipes:)
    Happy, healthy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veganism is gaining ground amidst the food lovers around the world. At Gourmet Basket, we take pride in the fact that we prepare custom-made gift baskets containing either completely vegetarian or completely vegan gourmet food products. Discover the amazing world of gift baskets at:

    Gourmet Basket,
    Unit 18, 25 Narabang Way,
    Belrose NSW 2085.
    Phone: 1300 354 393

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this delicious recipies, Thanks for sharing.....!
    order online food

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad I found your site! Your blog is absolutely gorgeous - the

    food and the photography.
    order online food delhi

    ReplyDelete
  8. With bistroMD you can rest assured that not only will you receive gourmet entrees, but that every meal and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs will be balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform to promote an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Select one of the weight loss plans for 5 or 7 days of meals.
    STEP 2 - Take a look at your menu in advance and decide on the meals you desire for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your weight loss plan online.
    STEP 4 - Your meals are sent to your home.

    ORDER NOW - home deliveries.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback!